Tuesday, April 12, 2011

South Coast Deli


About every other week, I hit up my favorite sandwich spot in town. And it's not just because my boy Chris manages the joint and I get a fat hook up whenever I step into the spot. These sandwiches are good - real good. With an ever-changing menu, South Coast keeps the classics around while incorporating the new like the Buffalo Chicken sandwich, which I ordered. My sandwich, served on a toasted roll, smothered in that tangy sauce with a bright orange tinge, was, eh, so-so. I've definitely ordered better. My friend ordered the chicken ceasar sammy, served on pillowy sourdough. I ended up devouring her leftovers. Located a block off State street, South Coast's streetside outdoor seating makes for the perfect place to get lunch on a sunny day. And it's worthy to note that each sandwich, or "sammy" as they call it, is served with a dum dum lollipop.
Serving fresh baked cookies, pastas and casseroles and voted "Best Sandwich" by the Santa Barbara Independent since 2000 or so, South Coast is definitely keeping up the tradition.
Some other favorites of mine: The Dark Horse Pastrami and the Chicken Pesto sammy.

"Saving Santa Barbara from lame sandwiches since 1991."

Located at 1436 Chapala Street, Santa Barbara or 185 South Patterson Ave, Goleta

Food: ★ ★ ★.5 (out of 4)
Service: ★ ★ ★ (out of 4)

No comments:

Post a Comment